background

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Piggy

Sassy has been in project mode. Thank you Sprout ipad app.

Honestly, I love it... but the urgent need to create immediately upon viewing Noodle and Doodle does make me slightly insane.

Sassy: Mommy. I want to make a dream catcher... All I need is some netting, paper plates, feathers, pipe cleaners, string, a hole punch, a stapler, glue and colored tissue paper.

Me: Is that all.

Seriously, the child hounded me for 3 solid days for a milk jug.

We had just returned from the beach. There was not a drop of milk in the house - much less a milk container. A grocery store trip was desperately needed but I was so overwhelmed by the magnitude of the shopping list that I couldn't muster the courage and stamina required for such an undertaking.

Consequently, my kids ate peanut butter quesadillas and dry cereal for dinner for a couple of nights, because weren't you listening?... no milk in the house.

Anyway, after I finally managed to drag myself to the grocery for what was an epic trip involving two carts... We eventually had a milk carton for the piggy bank project she'd been obsessed with.

I have to admit... it is kinda cute.


My favorite part - the pig has paws.


Clearly we are not familiar with the concept of hooves.


She informed me that since she now has the piggy bank, she will no longer have any use for her small coin purse wallet which she never rarely remembers to bring with her on shopping excursions. So, if you see a kid toting around a big plastic pig at the store, she probably belongs to me.

Maranda

No comments:

Post a Comment