background

Sunday, June 17, 2012

I win

So maybe I shouldn't have been so lacking in compassion regarding my pukey, yet presumably "not really sick" kids.

The stomach bug just must have manifested itself a bit differently in them than in me.

While they puked and skipped away to vandalize things, I puked and then lay on the bathroom floor for hours while they jumped around me asking to watch Curious George and if I would put on their underwears... this scene was only interrupted by much barfing on my part until I had to go to the ER for fluids and Phenergen.

Phenergen
That's some good stuff.

Although it was probably "the sickest I have ever been" (A phrase my mother and I use to describe our degree of sickness... pay no attention to the fact that we use this particular degree to describe pretty much every single time we are sick), I have recovered, and so have the kids.

Just thought I'd touch base since I had not been in much of a condition to post lately.

In other news... I thought this was a rather funny comment from Sassy whilst consuming a green Gobstopper at recent birthday party:

 "Mom. Oh. My. Goodness. I am almost turning into AN ALIEN!"



Clearly we are very disturbed by this prospect.

Maranda

No comments:

Post a Comment