background

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Loss

Let me dust off this ol' blog here.

I haven't been very consistent lately have I?

Sadly, we had a death in the family last week. A very tragic and unexpected death of my husband's uncle Kevin.

Brent's dad was one of 7 brothers. Our extended family is a close knit crew for such a large clan. This is the 3rd brother who has passed at an early age in the past few years and it has been a difficult season to say the least. Though we do grieve for the loss of uncle Kevin and certainly for his beautiful wife Vickie and daughter Cecily, we find comfort in knowing that he is with his Savior - he loved Jesus and his life reflected that in so many ways.

We spent the weekend with the family and despite the horrible circumstances, we were able to celebrate and remember Kevin's life and enjoyed our time with family. Our children of course loved all the attention they received from aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.

Needless to say, we have been a bit preoccupied around here.

Brent is finishing up his last week at Camp All-American. It has been a good summer, but physically draining for him, so I am glad that things will be wrapping up this week. It's hard to believe, but over 9000 kids attended camp this summer! I truly love how this camp serves the community in such a tangible way. And I love even more that children and families are exposed to the Gospel - in a way that is so relational and with long-term intentionality.

So, as things wind down with camp, our plan is to head to the beach the following week for a little R&R.

I cannot wait to go to the beach... but I have to say, I am mentally preparing myself for the fact that it may not be the respite I picture in my mind.


As one friend said... it's funny because it is true.

I know we'll have a blast... and for those moments when things are feeling a bit out of control, I'll just take some mental notes so I can share the experience with you via blog land... because misery loves company, right!?


I'll leave you with these angelic pictures of my littles...

Because this is pretty much how they behave all the time never.

Maranda

No comments:

Post a Comment