background

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A list

Hello? Is anyone there?

I haven't blogged in ages... I'm sure all three of you who read this have missed me.

I will assemble a list of some recent observations and happenings...
.
.
.
.
.

I saw this on someone's van today.

I know not who this woman is, but I am pretty sure we are kindred spirits.

I haven't run 1.0 miles in years... much less 26.2 or even 13.1!

.
.
.
.
.

Have I mentioned that Brent is in Egypt again? He has been gone for a week already, and won't be back until next Monday.

I miss him terribly.

He is conducting a high ropes course training and course inspection for an upcoming sports festival held outside of Cairo. The event will take place over the course of 4 days and literally tens of thousands of Egyptians will come to participate in traditional sports, BMX/Extreme sports, high ropes course activities, etc... Each day closes with a ceremony awarding participants in various categories and includes an evangelical message that will be televised on Egyptian TV. Despite the perceived risk of being in a part of the world that has been a bit unstable recently, I am so glad that he has been able to go and serve.

I will also be glad when he gets back!
.
.
.
.
.

The children. Oh the children.

They make me laugh.



They make me cry.



They are growing up so fast.

One minute I want them to be little forever, and the next I just long for the day that Mr. Jenkins can put on his own dang pants.

As I type this, they are in bed. Chilli is asleep... because she is chill.

Sassy and Jenkins are intermittently shrieking and laughing and whining and tattling on each other for various atrocities such as, "hurting me ON PURPOSE!" or "Getting out of his bed!" or "drinking MY water."

I'm honestly totally unsure how to deal with this any more. I love that my kids share a room... I like that they have a buddy to talk to and to play with during "room/rest time."

But...

I despise the recent bedtime drama. I know a lot of it is my fault since I typically deal with it by yelling empty threats up the stairs or through clenched teeth if things have gotten so unruly that I must drag my large self up there to regulate.

I want desperately to separate them as punishment when they get so out of control, but I don't really have another place to put a kid besides my room. And then, there is the dilemma as to who gets relocated. Some days getting "outcast" to mommy and daddy's room would be a treat, and which would view it as such changes depending upon the day - so I don't know who to select. Also, it's not a lot of fun to re-relocate a heavy child when I am ready to go to bed... and sometimes they wake up later confused as to where they are and how they got back in their bed.

Anyway... I've rattled on too long about this already, but if anyone has any insight, I'd love to hear your ideas.

.
.
.
.
.

I feel bad for animals at petting zoos.

We stopped at a pumpkin patch this week and of course there were multiple "add on" activities to choose from. I ended up shelling out so much money on bouncy houses, giant slides and the petting zoo that we didn't even get a dang pumpkin.
I guess I'll just get one from Kroger.

Oh those poor little beasts...


So cute.
So traumatized.
.
.
.
.
.

I don't think I have updated on the blog that I am no longer on bed rest... Praise the Lamb! I got a good report from the doctor and they are just going to continue to monitor me a bit more closely than they have in past pregnancies. I have been instructed to take it easy and I am seeking to do that as much as one can with three littles and a hubby in Egypt. Honestly, I have been super blessed by my family and friends who have helped me out so much lately. I do not know how people do life with littles without a support system.

.
.
.
.
.

I am not really sure what is going on here... but I do love this child's creative mind. I have no idea how the poor dog got involved, but at least she is all cozy and snuggled for the experience.



There is probably more to share, but that's all I've got. Things have quieted down a bit upstairs and so I may head to bed too.

Maranda

2 comments:

  1. Not my van, but a kindred spirit of mine as well... ;-)
    Love the laugh and cry section. It's like looking into my own window.
    As for the bed time issues. I finally broke down and separated them into 2 bedrooms last week. Bed time has improved a bit but it's not a 100% change. Guess nothings perfect. Love catching up with your littles on here. Keep posting, we're listening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the three who have missed you! (and I there are way more than three :)

    ReplyDelete