background

Monday, November 14, 2011

Random Observations

The following post is a collection of randomness and oddities I have observed (and in some cases instigated) as of late.

At a kinda shady BBQ restaurant I saw this sign:

In the bathroom.

It was uber weird. It was just a one-seater bathroom with a toilet and sink... and this sign on the back of the door.

I mean, on one hand, I did notice it and would have read the advertisement. But honestly, what business really wants you thinking about them while you are doing your business.

Another odd bathroom sign seen recently:
Ok. So first things first. We were in Yosemite, so it's not like I saw this at Target in my hometown.

But still... is that not a little weird? I'm sure they are not suggesting this; but doesn't it kinda seem like they don't want you to put your trash in the Jon because the bears are prone to breaking into the toilets and rummaging through for tasty morsels?

Ok... I might have just thrown up in my mouth a little bit.

This post is getting out of control. Let me move on...

I saw these pjs today and thought of my boy.

Oh how he has been challenging me lately always. To all you moms out there who have a "challenging child" - am I alone in projecting the fear that my child will someday live a life of crime? Parenting is no easy task... and it is not for the faint of heart.

Moving on...
Look at this display case.
Can you read the sign? It says: "Jewelry for Sale.  Not the bears!"
 
Just look at that sweet teddy bear looking at me in the eyeballs. He sooooo wants to be for sale. And check out the poor, depressed one by the sign.


When we were in California last week, we went to the Company Store at the Apple Headquarters. I saw this shirt and had a chuckle:
It reads: I went to the Apple campus. But that's all I'm allowed to say.


 In closing... Please tell me that my husband and I are not the only crazy people who do this sort of thing:



Hello?

Anyone?

...Hello?

Maranda

3 comments:

  1. Love the bear posing pics. So is Brent playing leap frog with that last little guy???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Kim - Leapfrog!! It makes me laugh every time I see it! Thanks for stopping by the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, if you take your trash outside to the dumpster don't you run the risk of the bear attacking you out there? Guess they have their priorities in order... human life vs. their johns...

    ReplyDelete