background

Monday, August 20, 2012

Watching Paint Dry

I was kinda nervous that today was going to be a challenging one.

I mean, honestly, most days are for me since I am a scattered, disorganized, hot mess and I have 3 littles running my life.

But I was a bit anxious because we were having our front door sanded and repainted in hopes of staving off the inevitable (specifically, forking over big bucks to replace the door and surrounding window panels which are all in various stages of rot.)

You see when we got our home a bout a year and a half ago, it was a foreclosure and it needed some work. We basically have done what was essential and are trying to save up for the big repairs and replacements. This is the 3rd (and final) salvage attempt for the front door.

So today, Mr. Abel came to paint. The kids were excited, the dog was irate (and consequently exiled to the basement) and I was freaking out!

I was pretty sure that with the front door open all afternoon, at some point all 3 of my children were going to be frolicking in the street.

But, Jesus is Lord - Fried Pies 49 cents! My kids did awesome! The dog, however, no so much.

I doubt Mr. Abel has ever painted with such an audience before.


They seriously sat there eating waffles and watching him paint for a large portion of the afternoon.

My little angels.


Well... at least some days.

Maranda

No comments:

Post a Comment