background

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Purple (Kitty) Haze

My life has been overrun by a herd of purple kitties.

Sassy is turning 5 tomorrow - *tear* - and I have been trying to put things together for her "purple kitty party."

Surely you know of my daughters deep love of the purple kitty?

What you haven't heard the best selling hit?




The purple kitty has owned me this week.


If you know me well, you know I am far too flaky and disorganized to attempt something like this, but for some reason I lost my mind and purchased felt and buttons and borrowed my mother's sewing machine.

By some miracle, I have successfully created purple kitties for the kids to stuff at the party and take home as their "goodie."

Side note... I don't sew. Not unless you count the "kids can sew" class my mother enrolled me in back in the 4th grade.

I must not have been totally inept because I did make a super cute bright yellow skort.

Yes, I said, "skort."

So after a thrilling evening of sewing machine manual reading and a one-on-one session with my mother in which we spun a bobbin and other exciting "sewy" things...  I made this:

That's right... a Satan cat.

I bet the kids can't wait to come to Abi's party and stuff their very own Beelzebub felines.

If at first you don't succeed... try, try again.


My working draft.


My massive mess.




My little purple army.

Note the extra creepy one at the middle top with large, different color eyes. That one is Sassy's. She hand selected the buttons for that bad boy.

In my insanity, I also decided to paint a sign...


...as well as my children's faces.





The party is tomorrow... I should not be blogging, but I can't look at the cats any more and I'm too wired to go to bed.

It might have something to do with the freaky cats all over my house.


They are everywhere.

Maranda


No comments:

Post a Comment