background

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sweet Mom

Okay... so I probably should have mentioned this previously... but in my defense, it is a hard thing to discuss because it makes me sad.

My precious mother... the punky lady who can rock a hot pink spike in her hair, the Emme of my babies, the sweet momma who loved me though all kinds of teenage angst and quarter-life-crisis, my precious friend and confidant, was diagnosed with breast cancer in October of last year.

There were many times I wanted to write about it, but honestly, I may have been in denial. That is sorta my M.O. as I tend to put blinders on when it comes to hard situations in my life.

Anyway, my sweet momma endured 6 intense rounds of chemo and just this week had her double mastectomy and reconstruction.

Although I am not at all jealous of the war against breast cancer she has fought... I think I am going to be seriously jealous of her six pack and perky boobies!! She had a procedure where they took the fat from her belly and reconstructed her ladies. She only managed to give herself a A-B size enhancement which is sad because I could have donated some lard to get her to a good double D (and then some!) :)

Oh well...

Anyway, I am so proud of my mom. I love her spirit and the attitude that she has had through this whole process. She has praised God at every turn, remained positive even when ill and weak from chemo, and been incredibly brave despite a scary diagnosis and treatment plan.

I love you Mom, and I hope that I may face future challenges with the same strength and perspective you have exhibited. You inspire me. I love you.



Maranda

No comments:

Post a Comment