I know the feeling.
Actually, though we can get a bit ornery with one another, we can also have a pretty fun time as a family as well. This past Labor Day weekend was no exception and the Curly Cues played hard.
We kicked things off with the purple kitty party.
It was a bit crazy with all those felines and children, but I think it went pretty purrrfect.
Oh, I'm so punny, aren't I?
On Saturday, we went apple picking with friends.
On Sunday afternoon, we went canoeing! Well, technically, Chilli sat the this one out. Considering that the last time I went canoeing I ended up tipping the canoe and slamming an oar into Brent's temple on my way into the water... I thought 3 kids was more than I could handle on our maiden family canoe outing.
This is the kind of information you can't find on just any blog. We seek to educate and
At first the swans and geese just took up rival territories - basically, they just secured their own ponds. However, when we arrived to canoe, there was not a goose in site... and that hasn't been the case in years and years. I guess the Black Swans won the battle for territory.
On Labor day, we headed up to Amicalola State Park with my family and Mr. Ben. It was kinda rainy but the kids enjoyed the nature center and play ground.
This is Chilli Bean saying the sound a snake makes...
Well, I guess there is one other item of note from this week, but let's play a little game... just to make things a bit interactive.
One of the following statements is FALSE. Can you guess which one?
1. I have ridden a camel in front of the Giza Pyramids in Egypt.
2. I went backpacking in high school with my friends for a week and those organizing the trip only allowed us each one pair of underwear. I complied with their evil rule.
3. I have permed my hair in a decade besides the '80s... in fact, in this millennium.
4. I am pregnant and we are having a boy.
5. In grades 1-12 I lived in 6 different states.
6. I watched an episode of America's Next Top Model today while my kids napped. Sadly, I can assure you this one is true.
7. I once ate 18 Reese's cups in one sitting. (That's 9 packs).
Okay... which one is the lie?!