background

Monday, September 17, 2012

Life Lately

Nothing too earth shattering to post today, but I just thought I'd capture a few moments from the past week.

Sassy went fishing with Gittum.

She is apparently pretty dang good at it as evidenced by this massive catfish she reeled in this weekend.

That is a big fish.

It has whiskers.

I think it is kinda gross. 


Sassy of course thinks it is pretty cool... since it is "cat" related.
.
.
.
.
.

In other Sassy news, she had her first soccer - or as we refer to it - herd ball game.

She did in fact score a goal.

She also pouted on the side lines for a significant portion of the game because her brother and sister got to play on the playground while she "had" to play in her soccer game.

*Sigh*

Yet another example of feeling out of my depth as a parent in attempting to capture these "teachable moments" and help her develop character. If there was ever any question... parenting is hard... even the moments that are supposed to be pure fun can end up being incredibly challenging.

Chilli Bean and Jenkins did indeed play on the playground during part of her game.

I also spotted Jenkins peeing on a tree.

Awesome.

Once again. I am pretty sure, I missed a teachable moment here. 
.
.
.
.
.
.

We went to the park with some friends last week. There are a few of these painted cows at the park and Jenkins begged to sit atop this particular one. 


My little cowboy! Yee Haw.

.
.
.
.
.
.

This next bit is just to demonstrate my beastliness.

We had the bouncy house up when we experienced a sudden rain storm last week. It must be bone dry before being repacked and stored, so I spent a day drying it out. I flipped that sucker around all day making sure it got dry on all sides...

I am a beast, am I not?

.
.
.
.
.


I love it when the kiddos play together so sweetly.

I captured a moment this morning...

Sweetness.

Maranda


No comments:

Post a Comment