background

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Flip Flops of Shame

Am I the only mom who loads up the kids in the van, insuring that I have remembered sippy cups, snacks, diapers, wipes, my purse, my phone, my Diet Dr. Pepper, my bag of returns to Target, my grocery list, my kitchen sink...Only arrive at Target to realize that some child has arrived without shoes?

I will not even admit to how often this happens to me.
At least once a week.

Sassy is the worst offender.

Consequently, I have begun to keep a pair of flip flops in the car that I refer to as:

The flip flops of shame.
(Not to be confused with The Pants of Judgement).



I had hopes that their hideousness would be a motivator for my child to remember her shoes.

Surely having to wear these ugly, uncomfortable, plastic shoes (which I literally purchased at the Dollar Tree when - SHOCKER - Sassy forgot to wear her shoes to a restaurant) would encourage her to remember to put on her shoes before we leave the house.

No such luck.

Of course they are now her favorites.

What am I going to do with that child?

Maranda

No comments:

Post a Comment