background

Thursday, August 25, 2011

God's got huge ears

Some Funny Observations from this week:

Sassy: Mommy, can God hear us when we are talking in the car?
Me: Yes he can. God is everywhere.
Sassy: Wow. God must have really huuuuuuge ears.

.
.
.
.
.

Look! We're at the beach again


Actually the kids were just playing in the long jump sand pit at the church.

I'm sure the school/church appreciates that.



.
.
.
.
.

My son is a crazy man.

After hiding my cell phone today, he proceeded to apply his sister's play/dress-up makeup to his face...

...and our new couch.

Awesome.

Whilst I was cleaning up the couch he got into a box of bubble gum.

He was chewing no less than 4 pieces when I discovered him.

As I tried to coax him to me in hopes of getting him to spit out the massive wad of gum, he compliantly placed the nearly empty box back in the drawer while drooling profusely from the mouth and saying, "sothy muh-muh" (translation - Sorry Mama).

In case you are wondering, he did not relinquish the gum in his mouth.

He swallowed it.

Yay.

It was only a few hours later when I found him with the window grid from our guest room window. Clearly he is feeling no ill effects from having swallowed a wad of bubble gum.


Seriously though... if you think of it... will you pray? I remember being told as a child how horrible it is to swallow gum... I mean, I kinda feel like it was a gross exaggeration to keep my from you know... swallowing my gum...but I am sure it isn't a healthy thing to digest (hopefully) that much.

*sigh*

.
.
.
.
.

I asked my kids if they wanted to go and get bagels for breakfast (thanks a lot Mrs. Bone... you have me addicted to that bagel place just as you predicted... I hope you're happy).

Unfortunately, it became clear to me that my children thought bagels were donuts.

So, instead of correcting them...

I took them to the donut shop.

Once again, thanks a lot Mrs. Bone, as you are responsible for the donut shop introduction as well. 

Here they are...sucking all the chocolate off...


And picking a nose.

That's my boy.

.
.
.
.
.

We have a busy weekend, so I may link this up as my 'Fess up Friday... especially now that I see it is a mere 3 minutes until Friday.

Wow... early for the 'Fess up... now that's a first!

Check out Kira's Blog for other 'Fess Ups! - mc

Maranda




1 comment:

  1. You always always make me laugh.

    I will make you feel better about the gum. Last month I gave my son four packs of gum for his fourth birthday (gum is his most favorite thing in the world). Approximately eight hours later, there was nary a piece to be found in the entire house. Did he chew them up and spit them out before taking a new one? No, he did not. He swallowed all four packs. One month later, I've observed no ill effects. Hurray! (side note: that is why I only buy him gum on his birthday)

    You guys have a bagel shop?!?!? I'm so jealous. We had an *amazing* shop in this town when I was in highschool. Everyone loved it. We went there two to three times a week. Then out of the blue one day, it just closed down. It was like getting dumped with a post-it.

    ReplyDelete