background

Friday, October 14, 2011

Despicable Me



My sister lovingly told me that I have been a “slacker blogger” lately.

It’s true.

We’ve just been away on vacation at Panama City Beach for a week and with all the shenanigans required to get us from point A to point B and back again, it has been a bit nutso.

Don't worry though. Nothing has changed... my children are still wild Indians.

Last night, I found the following popcorn kernel...

...In Mr. Jenkins' NOSE!!
And “found” is not the correct word since it was lodged beyond sight and was only “found” via violent sneezing, crying, snorting, wailing, etc...

Chilli has also been putting things in her orifices.

Last week I found a googly eye in her diaper.

I guess we dodged a bullet with that one. Thank goodness it just passed on through and didn’t get caught up somewhere inside.

Despite all this madness, we had a great time at the beach.

Yes... there is a Sonic cup in the background. Don't judge.


Mr. Jenkins eating a sandy naner (banana)

Sassy and one of the 50 + hermit crabs she collected. Thank goodness she practiced "catch and release" fishing guidelines.

Mr. Jenkins took a special liking to one of the decorative items at the beach condo. He was dragging it around with him everywhere... out on the deck, on the couch to watch a movie, up to the bedroom. At some point I realized that he was calling it “Despicable Me”

I think he thought it was Mr. Gru!

What do you think?
I think it is the nose.

Today I am headed up to Ohio for work. I have an extremely flexible job that I am blessed to do from home most of the time, but this is one of the weeks when I have to be away. I left all three kids with my awesome mother in law and sister in law.

Pray for them.

And if you think of it, pray for me. I am nervous to give my presentation... and I am missing my munchkins mucho. I have never been away from Chilli for more than 4 hours since she was born so I am having some separation anxiety.

At least I have my breast pump to console me.

Maranda

No comments:

Post a Comment